Monday, July 8, 2013

Covering my walls with yarn

Earlier this year, I shared a personal art project that I hung in my living room.

I was pretty pleased with how it turned out!




... with the exception of my husband not loving the fabric color on our wall.

So, I undid the whole project (aren't I so loving?!) to remake it with an entirely new fabric color.

At first, I thought I had a marvelous idea:
Why not use felt instead of fabric?! Surely the yarn will stick like those felt boards I enjoyed as a kid!

I bought some white felt, and attached it to the corkboard like I had done with the blue fabric. While it was laying on the ground, I organized the crochet flowers just the way I wanted them. Thinking I was being really smart, I also rubbed them against the felt just a little bit, to try and get that static cling thing working for me.

And after minutes of careful attempts to hang it back up on the wall above my desk (it was not an easy task. I should have waited for my husband to come home, in all honesty), I took one step back to admire my work ... and three of the flowers fell off onto my computer.

To make life a little easier on myself, I decided to leave the corkboard hanging while I reattached each flower with thumb tacks. I had bought some clear ones to mix in with the bight green, so I used those on the mostly blue flowers.

Unfortunately for me, our 'mostly white' walls are actually on the yellow side of white, and the white felt over blue fabric is on the blue side of white. So, the corkboard came off of the wall once more!



And went back up over the fireplace.

Finally, I am satisfied with my artistic creation! (and so is my husband!)

Now to decide what to make for a headboard ...


><><><><

What custom art projects have you made for your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment