Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Learning: Being Thankful

This past Sunday, my pastor spoke about the trials and tribulations of life, spiritual struggles, and the lies that Satan speaks into our hearts. He also spoke of how, in almost every situation, the Bible offers a thankful heart as a way to stay strong despite our weak human nature.

He called every person listening to a simple challenge. When you awake in the morning, write down ten things you are thankful for. If you are married, at least one needs to be related to your spouse. If you are living under your parent's roof, at least one needs to be about your parents. The challenge is to continue this process of list-making for 30 straight days, to help build a heart filled with thankfulness.

It is amazing how much good a thankful heart can accomplish!

I have taken up this challenge, and I would love if you would take it with me.

Here is the beginning of my Thankful List.
  1. Cuddling with my husband before starting the day.
  2. My warm and cozy home.
  3. My voice was made for singing.
  4. Being able to walk without too much help.
  5. Warm baths.
  6. Grocery stores with a seemingly unlimited supply of food.
  7. Fresh fruit.
  8. V8 fusion juice. So delicious! (and healthy!)
  9. Skype. (or any other means of video chat with family and friends)
  10. Airplanes. So helpful for visiting family!
I will do my very best to post my 10 each day, so come back tomorrow!

What 10 things are you thankful for today? I would absolutely love for you to share them with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment