Saturday, April 2, 2011

Being Courageous

No one needs to stand alone.

Here's another random fact about me:

I am a part of the 12% of the US population that has a non-severe physical disability (meaning I can do most daily activities on my own, though they might be more difficult). You can check out other stats about disabilities here. I have a neuro-muscular disorder called Charcot-Marie Tooth that can have an impact on the seemingly simple parts of everyday living.

I might have a disability, but this can't stop me from doing what I love; and I absolutely love to help others. I know there are times that I need help, so I am overjoyed to pass it on!

I just read a really awesome article about a man who also loves to help others; his name is Craig Grimes. Stuck in a wheelchair after breaking his back in a tree-climbing incident, Mr. Grimes has not let his unexpected disability keep him from living the adventurous life he loves. Through learning about the difficulties of traveling while in a wheelchair, he has also learned ways to overcome many of them and still be adventurous. His knowledge and enthusiasm has propelled his desire to encourage others in the same thing: being adventurous despite a disability!

He is a man of courage despite his physical challenges, and an encouragement to all of us to find ways to help others.

In what ways do you think you can help others? Comment below or email me with your thoughts.

There is nothing that can stop the heart's desire to share God's love.

Check out my Etsy shop. It's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment