Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Seeking the Inspirations Around You

An adorable baby squirrel!

This week has certainly started out rather fun! Without school in the way, so many more things can be accomplished...

This last Monday I spent about an hour outside, sitting as still as possible, clutching my camera in my hand. By taking my seat I had scared off plenty of birds, a baby rabbit and two baby squirrels. What fun to wait for them to come back, and simply enjoy the beauty of the birds chirping while I waited!

As I once mentioned before, I absolutely love photography! Mostly of beautiful flowers, but pretty much anything will do. For whatever reason I have yet to understand, I find it to be so much fun!

Especially when those adorable baby squirrels meandered back! Sadly, I don't think I captured them very well with my camera; they were so fast! The experience, however, was well worth the wait, as I was able to enjoy watching them scamper about and dart past me up a tree! (So cute!!)

Those adorable squirrels, as well as the beautiful work of Vladimir Kush, have inspired me once again to try my hand at painting! Unfortunately, I don't have access to those materials right now, so we shall see if the inspiration still exists by the time I do have access. Until then, it is so fun and enjoyable to think of all the things I would love to paint!

What things have you been able to do this week? Certainly, life does not always seem very enjoyable, but there are always little things that we can find to brighten our day! (like adorable baby squirrels!)

I would encourage you to take some time today to enjoy the little things. I challenge you to make a list of five things you saw or experienced today that brought a smile to your face, and maybe even inspiration to your thoughts. Five is not that large of a number – I know you can do it!

How have you been inspired this week? I would love to read of your inspiration, and to see what you created through it! Please leave your thoughts in a comment below or send me an email!

Some inspiring things you can be looking for:
  • Smiles
  • Flowers
  • Adorable animals
  • A stranger's kindness
  • A few moments of silence during a busy day

There are so many more! Add to this (rather short) list in the comments below. :-)

Enjoy being inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment