Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sweet surprises

God is so helpful!!

:-)

Let me explain a little bit. . . . Today I delivered a lovely prayer shawl to a sweet woman in my Bible study. She had ordered it for a friend, and I had it all wrapped up and ready to deliver . . . when I remembered that I had forgotten to put in the 'added bonus' flower pin (a crochet flower with two buttons on the back) for her friend's new shawl! I had already taken the time to tape the box nice and tightly closed (in case I needed to mail it), so I just decided that would be alright (especially since I hadn't even told her that I would be including it).

At our brunch today, I brought my own prayer shawl (with my own crochet flower) to share. Our study is following the book Praying the Names of Jesus, so we were all encouraged to make or buy a prayer shawl for ourselves. When I showed it to the ladies, my sweet friend asked me to pull out the shawl she had ordered so that she could share it as well!

While she was trying it on and showing it off, she asked if she could try it with the crochet flower to see how it might look. So, I took the opportunity to simply give it to her with the shawl! It was even the same color flower pin that I had been planning on giving with the shawl.

I wrapped it all back up nice and neat, and stuck in her box to take home for her friend.

God just always seems to know the perfect way to orchestrate even the tiniest of details!

No comments:

Post a Comment