Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Health rollercoaster

In case anyone noticed, I haven't been doing a very good job at writing in this blog recently.

If you were hoping for witty and informative posts last week, Sorry!

For the past several months, I have been going through an annoyingly long process to try and find some form of 'treatment' for my chronic pain. I put treatment in quotes only because any sort of medicine or aid will only be impacting the symptoms, and not actually treating the root issue -- my CMT.

Unfortunately, my efforts (and the research of my nice neurologist) have not allowed me to find anything helpful. I've read before that treating chronic nerve pain is not an easy task, and that many with it spend years before finding relief, if not longer. Hopefully that won't be my path, but it is starting to look that way . . .

As of right now, I am slowly working my way off of a prescription pain killer that has managed to somehow increase my pain (go figure) and give me wonderful side-effects while going through the process of removing the medicine from my system (ie. slowly decreasing the dose) . . . I am definitely looking forward to being done with this medicine. The pain and frustration has been quite distracting for me, and making it rather difficult for me to find things to write about.

Hopefully I will get my photos edited soon so I can show you an awesome way to make canvas wall art with crayons!

Also, I wanted to let you know that I am still prepping for the March sale in my Color Me Crochet Etsy shop, so I hope you are excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment