Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Etsy: More Changes

Last year I said that I would be donating from HelpfulBlankets on Etsy to the Emergency Family Assistance in Boulder, Colorado.

Unfortunately, I did not do my part in researching this group, which I had said that I would do. I also said that I would volunteer in some way to further include myself and my customers in the celebration of each way this group is helping those in need. I have neglected to do that, as well, and for that I apologize to anyone who was hoping I would follow through.

This last December I finally sold not one, but two of my blankets! I am so stoked to have my blankets being used and appreciated, and look forward to making more. However, because of these sales, I have been forced to contemplate who the donations will be going to. I want to do the most good with what I have been given!

I know that I have not been putting all of my time and effort into my companies, but that will be changing as this year starts off.

I have been (unintentionally) swayed to again change who the donations will be going to. This past weekend I met a woman to works at (and loves working for) the Boulder Shelter for the Homeless, located in Boulder, Colorado. She has volunteered and worked there in the past, and is now in charge of a bakery program designed to bring proceeds into the shelter. She really loves what she does, and mentioned that the creation of the bakery program was due to a decrease in funding for the shelter. I want to help change that. The shelter seems to be doing great work in the area, and I am excited to learn more about it as we go forward!

I will also be changing the donation amount to 70%, minus the cost of materials and shipping. I believe this amount will help cover the cost of any blankets that are donated directly to those in need, and will give me more freedom to experiment with my blankets.

Thank you for reading my long update! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment