Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy New Year!

My brother's new kitty. © Jessica Van Eaton
What a wonderful way to spend the holidays - on vacation and with family!

These past two weeks have been absolutely wonderful. We saw my parents, my brother and his wife, my sister-in-law and her husband and four daughters, and all sorts of friends! It has certainly been a whirlwind (I crashed into bed the moment we arrived home!) filled with too many plane flights, but every adventure is worth the legwork of travel!

This Christmas season had a few firsts for my husband and me. We shared our first Christmas and New Years as a married couple! It was great. :-) It was also a first for my husband, in that it was his first time being away from Colorado for Christmas. It was rather strange for him, actually, as we were in Florida! The warm weather and scenery filled with palm trees seemed a little odd to him around Christmastime, but it was wonderful to be able to play on the beach! We even had the blessing of being able to visit Sea World! (so much fun!)

We spent New Years in Pennsylvania, and had pretty nice weather, with a touch of snow the night before we left. The town we stayed in was pretty small, but the rural quality made the whole area quite charming and beautiful. There are so many trees! We have decided that we need to have some sort of road trip through the north-east states during fall, to see all of the beautiful colors.

What fun adventures did you have this Christmas and New Years?

Did you make any New Years resolutions?

It's okay if you didn't. ... I didn't either!

I just know this year is going to be great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment