Tuesday, January 29, 2013

HB Changes

It's a little sad to have absolutely no feedback on what I should do with my HelpfulBlankets donations over this coming year...

It is certainly expected, but I was hoping to have at least one or two comments with feedback. (I can hope, right?)

I guess this is why large businesses have all sorts of 'teams' that make decisions -- about everything! It makes it far easier to come up with solutions or consensus when there are multiple people with the same (or at least similar) goals in mind.

Alas, my businesses are sole proprietorships ... they are just me!

So, here is what I have decided to do with my HelpfulBlankets shop on Etsy. (Which will hopefully be a good thing in the long run, rather than a regrettable decision...)

I am going to do two things:

1) Lower the donation amount (still to the Boulder Shelter for the Homeless) to 50% over the cost of materials and shipping
2) Change the cost of each blanket to 2.5x the combined cost of materials and (expected) shipping. Anything left over after the donation and expenses will go to putting HelpfulBlankets back in the happy 'black' of budgeting. Once that is accomplished, half of anything left over will go toward buying materials for a prayer shawls mission that I will hopefully gain momentum in soon.

Feel free to leave any thoughts, opinions or questions in the comments below!

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~
Update: 02/01/2013

For the purpose of taxes (oh, those wonderful things), I will be considering HB to be a part of my other Etsy shop, ColorMeCrochet. It doesn't change anything for all of you wonderful people, but I would like to make it a permanent connection for future tax stuff.

In addition, all custom order blankets not purchased through the Etsy shop will not be limited to the donation requirements listed above, unless specifically requested by the customer.

I hope you have a wonderful start to your February!

No comments:

Post a Comment