Friday, January 25, 2013

Tiny blessings

It is amazing how busy our lives can get.

Oftentimes, we aren't really accomplishing that much of importance. But we are all always busy!

Being busy might possibly be one of the most secretly destructive activities our society leads us to.
When we are busy, we have no time to relax, or focus, on anything that is not a part of our 'busy-ness.' We often don't remember to 'smell the roses' or reflect on 'the little things.'

One thing God has increasingly blessed me with is the ability to see His blessings as they are happening (rather than waiting 20 years and finally saying 'Oh! That's why that had to happen. I see the Good in it now!'). What's funny to me, though, is that His blessings often come in tiny ways, for things that many (including myself) would never even think to notice.

Once, it was that I mis-read my calendar the morning of a doctor's appointment. Totally freaked me out when I missed the appointment (and I was very confused), but it happened to solve something I had been worried about the night before. Not what I thought I wanted to happen, but it was truly a blessing!

Recently, I received a request through one of my Etsy shops that had my nerves all in a bundle. I would have to do something that I had not done before (ship something breakable! eek!), and those sorts of 'new things' frighten me! There are so many unknowns that could go wrong, and it could directly impact my customer!
Even though it means that I won't make as much from the sale, God sent me a little blessing the following morning by having the customer choose to change her order ... which means I won't have to be shipping anything breakable! (secret yay!)

God is truly amazing!

And it is overwhelmingly wonderful how He never ceases to be present in our lives.

We just need to have the time and patience to seek Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment